Laura and Henry were married in Doolin church and held their reception in a marquee overlooking the rugged Doolin coastline. Even though they are based in the UK, Doolin is home for Laura and is a special place for both of them – in fact I got a proud, personalised tour from them when I met up with them to talk about their wedding plans! The iconic Doolin Castle is on Laura’s father’s land so it has special meaning to them which made it a great backdrop for photographs.
Things I loved about Laura and Henry’s wedding:
- Laura being helped into her dress by her mother and grandmother – and everyone’s reaction to seeing her in the dress for the first time.
- The page boys and flower girl making a swift entrance at the church by running up the aisle at full speed!
- The emotional handover when Henry and Laura finally saw each other.
- Laura and Henry’s parents lighting the individual candles.
- The ceremony – Canon Peter got everyone involved and made it very personal.
- The lengthy reciting by the groomsmen of the Austin Powers “broken leg” scene!
- The marquee – I loved it! The panoramic views of Doolin, the coastline and the castle, the decor, the flowers – everything!
- Henry’s graphic design input – from a wedding font, to the table plan design to incorporating it into the vases on each table.
- Henry’s training manual – “The feckin’ book of Irish sayings for when you go on the batter with a shower of savages”.
- Both Cyril and John’s senses of humour – there is potential for a hilarious grandchild there! 😉
Here is a selection of just a few of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…