A Spring wedding at the Armada Spanish Point
Mary’s sister Ruth was a bridesmaid for Nuala and Ger’s wedding a few years back so when we randomly bumped into each other and she mentioned her sister was getting married she practically booked her in there and then!
I usually meet up with people before their wedding for a chat but because I’d met Ruth (and I figured she couldn’t be that different from her sister) I didn’t actually meet Mary and Andy until their wedding day. The morning of the wedding I spotted a huge bag full of inflatable instruments for the dance floor that night and I knew it was going to be a great day!
Things I loved about Mary & Andy’s wedding:
- When I arrived at Mary’s house that morning her mother Bernie was probably the most excited person I’ve ever seen on a wedding day! It was contagious! That morning was a lot of fun (apart from the occasional wasp making it’s way into the kitchen and bringing everything to a halt!).
- Bernie’s reaction to seeing Mary in her wedding dress for the first time.
- Mary and Andy’s customised altar cloth. I’ve never seen anything like it before.
- While we were in Doneraile Park taking some photographs Martin, the best man, shouted over “Mary, your sisters are filthy…… I love them!”.
- The wedding cake which Mary made herself, and the cake table which was made from a tree that had fallen in the storms.
- Ruth practically proposing to her boyfriend during the speeches! 😉
- The dance floor. It was epic! I stayed way longer than usual it was so much fun!
- Edel Murphy. (She has to get a mention!)
Some kind words from Mary & Andy:
“Thank you so much for doing such a fantastic job at our wedding, we really appreciate all the hard work and effort you put in and the slideshow was a show stopper!”