Katie and Denis were married in Mountcollins Church and held their reception in the Devon Inn Hotel. It was a great day and one of the funniest moments involved their beloved dog – a boxer called Katie Taylor. We had an idea for a photograph with Katie and Denis’ hands and also Taylor’s paw. In true never-work-with-animals style, Taylor was having none of it. Katie and Denis were coaxing/promising/ordering/threatening Taylor to lift a paw. Finally, Taylor put a paw on their hands and Denis ordered “other paw Taylor”! I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard!!
Things I loved about Katie and Denis’ wedding:
- For the first time ever, there was more commotion in the grooms house in the morning than the brides house!
- Taylor, obviously their pride and joy. I could do an entire post on just Taylor – the veil, THAT dickey bow, the facial expressions! 😉
- Their “Let The Party Begin” sign as they walked down the aisle after the ceremony.
- The most “unique” engagement ring photograph I’ve ever seen! (And never want to see again!)
- The best man Kevin’s quick thinking during his speech to keep it age appropriate.
Some kind words from Katie and Denis:
We had the best day. Thanks for photographing it, you were absolutely fantastic – so much fun and easy going.
Our families and friends are still commenting on the slide show, it really blew us all away! I don’t know how you managed to put it together so fast, we just loved it and cannot wait to see the rest of the photos!
Here is a quick selection of just a few of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…
Most amazing photos of any wedding I have ever seen. Well done Kevin.