Wedding days rarely go exactly to plan. No matter how well it’s organised and how much work is put into it, there are so many different aspects that almost inevitably something doesn’t go exactly as hoped. The solution: just go with it! Niamh and Marcus were married in Niamh’s local church in Carriganama. The weather toyed with us all morning – almost every time we wanted to go outside to take some photographs it would start raining. Once we ran back inside it would stop! I lost count of how many times we tried to take a photograph of Marcus outside the church with his racing bike. As we drove to Killarney to their reception in the Killarney Oaks it rained all the way there. Finally, FINALLY, mother nature gave us a break and when we arrived it stopped!
Despite everything that was thrown at them Niamh and Marcus made the most of everything and smiled the whole way through.
Things I loved about Niamh and Marcus’ wedding:
- Podge’s excitement that morning. What a diva!
- Being avoided all morning – every time I walked into a room, I was pretty much guaranteed to be the only person in that room within about 15 seconds! 😉 Everyone got used to having me around pretty quickly though.
- Uncle Charlie’s hat.
- They not only had the same priest that married Niamh’s parents but they had the same driver for their wedding car too.
- Ray LaMontagne’s “You Are The Best Thing” as their wedding song as they walked down the aisle after getting married.
- Getting stung by nettles trying to find the best angle. Actually, hang on, I didn’t like that one little bit!
- Once of the wildest Siege Of Ennis dances I’ve ever seen. It was carnage! 😉
Here is a selection of just a few of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…