Tessa and Shugi travelled all the way from Hawaii to get married in Lisheen Castle. Tessa’s family are Murphy’s so we all got on like a house on fire (well, once they got used to me photographing all the little “real” details and stopped tidying up every time they saw me coming! 😉 ). They were married in a traditional celtic ceremony on the grounds of the castle – that is until it started pouring rain! It. Was. Torrential! After persevering for about 5 minutes, it was decided we should all move inside, dry off, and finish the ceremony indoors. At least they got to experience the real Irish weather!
After the ceremony, and in between showers, we took some photographs on the grounds. Shugi is the inventor of “The Shugi”, so it was an honour to see him perform this gravity defying move. 😉 It was a lot of fun and it was lovely to hang out with such a nice bunch of people for the day.
Things I loved about Tessa and Shugi’s wedding:
- The location. It was my first visit to Lisheen Castle and I can’t wait to get back there some time.
- The welcome sign that Shugi’s dad designed – including a traditional logo created just for Tessa and Shugi.
- Generous dashings of Rescue Remedy – it definitely did the trick, although I’m not sure if there were any nerves to begin with!
- Tessa’s dad emotional reaction to seeing his daughter in her wedding dress.
- The beautiful garden location for the ceremony.
- How, when it started raining, everyone put up with it and carried on despite how heavy it was! NOTHING could stop these two making their promise to each other.
- Having a lot of fun with the bridal party doing all sorts of crazy photographs.
- Some really emotional speeches.
- Tessa and Shugi being welcomed to the local pub like the pair of celebrities they were!
Here is a selection of just a few of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…