Muireann and Jeffrey met when Muireann was on a hen party and Jeffrey was on stag party in Wesport. If that isn’t destiny then what is?! They had a lovely Winter wedding ceremony in Headford and held their reception in Lisloughrea Lodge. From the beginning my mission was clear – they wanted to spend as much time with their family and friends as possible. We skipped taking any of the usual photographs and once they walked down the aisle it was straight to the hotel. I’ve got to hand it to them – they knew what they wanted and they put their own personal stamp on the day. It was lovely.
Here are some things I loved about Muireann and Jeffrey’s wedding:
- The most organised bride ever. I turned up to the house over two hours before the ceremony and she was already ready and itching to get her dress on!
- Fairy lights – there’s just something magically Christmas about them and they were everywhere.
- The steady hand – a song written for Muireann’s dad when he retired – the song they walked up the aisle to.
- The music. I’ve been lucky enough to photograph three weddings in this little circle of musician friends so I expected nothing less but it blows me away every time.
- Having the entire congregation join them at the altar for their vows.
- The view at Lisloughrea Lodge.
- The wedding cake – and the 200 mini cakes!
- The trad session after their meal. Hup ya boyo! 😉
Here is a small selection of some of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…