Sharon and Patrick were married in Adare and held their reception in the Armada Hotel in Spanish Point. They are living in Australia, so despite phone calls, emails and even meeting Sharon’s mother – it wasn’t until a few days before the wedding that I finally got to meet Sharon and Patrick. From that meeting I knew that they were a relaxed, easy going, fun loving couple and that their wedding was going to be a lot of fun. And it was! In fact, the only thing that could have improved it would have been if they had brought a little Australian weather home with them!
Things I loved about Sharon and Patrick’s wedding:
- Managing to take some nice photographs of the wedding dress (even though everyone was mortified about the state the room was in – nobody need ever know! ;))
- Deirdre’s bla bla.
- Alison’s seascape painting – not only a great gift but as it turns out a pretty accurate view of how the sea was that day.
- Maebh’s sign as she walked up the aisle.
- Elbow as their exit music from the church along with a crazy sock parade!
- Randomly getting arrested in the park by a Garda under the Public Acts of Affection Act!
- Anthony’s speech. His stories of shifting girls and other adventures had everyone in stitches.
- The funniest ever grace after meals! (I never thought I would say that, but everyone that was there knows that Fr. Mullins had the last laugh!)
Here is a quick selection of just a few of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…