Fiona and William were married in the Holy Trinity Abbey Church in Adare and held their reception in the Dunraven Arms. William is an accountant so rather than wearing a suit just like every other day, they decided to have a black tie wedding. It was a lovely touch and it added a bit of novelty to their day too. It was a great wedding, with a very relaxed vibe and a lot of fun – from the speeches to a singing waiter to the craic on the dance floor.
Here are some things I loved about Fiona and William’s wedding:
- Fiona explaining how because she has big hands she needed a big rock!
- Bertie, the cat, sleeping peacefully in the bird feeder.
- Black bridesmaid dresses – unusual, but perfect for a black tie wedding.
- Deirdre, undoubtedly the best bridesmaid ever. (Yes, she made me say that.) She also asked me to plug her newly launched Hire-A-Bridesmaid service – perfect for brides who do not have any sisters, or friends!
- I don’t watch Game of Thrones, but I had to laugh when I was told that when I closed the doors of the church once Fiona and William were married that it was like the “Red Wedding” episode of GoT where all the guests were massacred. Sorry if I gave anyone a fright!
- With the ceremony and reception so close together, William was determined to get a spin in the vintage car, so we got to go on a short adventure to the abbey.
- A random tourist helping us out on the photoshoot! Thank you!
- The wedding cake.
- Fiona and William’s addictive sense of humour.
- William finally finding someone to cook his dinner on Thursday and Friday. That’s the whole week sorted!
Here is a small selection of some of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…