Rachel and Graham were married in the Holy Trinity church in Adare and held their reception in the Dunraven Hotel just down the road. They are both teaching in the UK so I didn’t meet Graham until a few days before the wedding and Rachel until the morning of the big day. I immediately knew it was going to be a great day though. It’s not often you get to photograph the wedding of a former Guinness World Record holder! (And because I know people will ask, the record was for the largest collection of frog items!)
Things I loved about Rachel and Graham’s wedding:
- Having a “virtual bridesmaid” join in the excitement of the day through skype.
- How relaxed Rachel and her bridesmaids were on the morning of the wedding.
- Fr. Chris O’Donnell’s sermon. I’ve had the pleasure of photographing one of his weddings in the past so I knew I was in for a treat.
- Having the page boy and flower girls sign the marriage cert – on the back of course!
- Two wedding guests made a cake and brought it over from the UK as carry on baggage on their flight. They flew Ryanair. Respect!
- A new game to me was the put-the-after-eigth-on-your-forehead-and-try-to-get-it-into-your-mouth game. Hilarious!
- Graham is a big Elvis fan, and he incorporated it brilliantly into his speech. I’m pretty sure it’s the first standing ovation I’ve ever seen for a groom’s speech.
- Graham’s two brother’s speech was like watching Ant and Dec – it was so polished and used great photographs too. (And by great, I mean embarrassing!) They also presented Graham with a frog from his record breaking collection.
- The dance floor was hopping when I left – some of the dance moves were shipped in especially from the UK. 😉
Here are some of my personal favourite photographs to give you a taste of their day…Details