My wife and I decided to take some time out at the weekend. She works a 9-to-5 and I’m usually busiest at the weekends so it was great to have a weekend where we could hang out together for a change. We decided to go to Lahinch for our “Summer holidays”. The weather wasn’t great,…Details
Loving… an engagement photo session in Dromoland with Ailis and Adrian whose wedding I will be photographing in two weeks. It was really good fun and I’ve got some great photographs I can’t wait to share. For now, here’s a little teaser photo – but stay tuned for some more as soon as they are…Details
As his Godfather I might be a teeny bit biased, but isn’t this little fella the cutest ever?
While I was setting up my lights for the family photo, these cheeky monkeys were my “assistants”…
Loving… at the weekend I was photographing a confirmation when these two little guys pounced! They were inquisitvely asking questions about everything I did, every bit of equipment I had, who my boss was, why, what my umbrella was for, where I was from, what my PPS number was, etc. Their enthusiasm was contagious, I…Details
Fiona and Martin were married in Our Lady of the Rosary Church on the Ennis Road in Limerick and had their reception in The Falls Hotel in Ennistymon. I always love when the priest is a good friend of the family or even a relative because it makes the marriage ceremony so personal. In this case, the priest was the groom’s brother! It doesn’t get more personal than that!
Things I loved about Fiona and Martin’s wedding:
- The atmosphere outside the church before the ceremony was electric. I’ve never seen so much hugging! It was amazing.
- Martin’s giddy reaction to Fiona walking down the aisle!
- How comfortable, natural and relaxed Fiona and Martin were with each other for the ceremony. There definitely wasn’t any nerves!
- The most dramatic and enthusiastic first kiss ever.
- Discovering the little forest walk beside the hotel with the bridal party. We were only in there for about 20 minutes but it was very funny.
- The speeches were hillarious. I cried myself they were so funny. From Martin telling the story of how he asked for Fiona’s hand to referrring to his brother, the priest, as Double Oh Heaven!
Here’s a little taster of their day…Details
Loving… lazy Saturdays! My weekends tend to be busy but last Saturday I had a free day and spent it doing… absolutely nothing!! It was great. I lounged around, read a book and relaxed for the whole day. Looking at my calendar it will be a while before I get to do it again so…Details
Today’s sneak peek is the wedding of Orla and Brian. When I met Orla and Brian I knew their wedding day was going to be a lovely, welcoming, intimate day. They were married in Monaleen and had their reception in the City Suite in the Strand Hotel with panoramic views of Limerick.
Things I loved:
- When I arrived at Orla’s house, in the middle of the chaos, Orla’s mother had a fresh cup of tea and some scones waiting for me. Don’t you just love Irish mammies?!
- Brian’s “brianwaves” during the day
- How intimate the day was – it was obvious that each and every guest meant a lot to Orla and Brian
- I loved that all of the guests sat at one big table
- Visiting Nancy Blakes where Orla and Brian had their first date
Here are a few of my favourites from the day…Details
It’s gonna be a short one today because I’m off to photograph the wedding of Fiona & Martin. I can’t wait! A lovely couple in a lovely location – let’s hope the weather plays along. Loving… the creativity of this idea. How cool would it be to go for a cycle on a sunny day, stop…Details
Loving… photographing a “bring your child to work day” event in a company in Limerick this week. I got to see the inner workings of a big manufacturing company in Limerick as they gave the children of the workers a tour around the facility. It was a lot of fun and interesting at the same…Details