Loving… lazy Saturdays! My weekends tend to be busy but last Saturday I had a free day and spent it doing… absolutely nothing!! It was great. I lounged around, read a book and relaxed for the whole day. Looking at my calendar it will be a while before I get to do it again so…Details
Today’s sneak peek is the wedding of Orla and Brian. When I met Orla and Brian I knew their wedding day was going to be a lovely, welcoming, intimate day. They were married in Monaleen and had their reception in the City Suite in the Strand Hotel with panoramic views of Limerick.
Things I loved:
- When I arrived at Orla’s house, in the middle of the chaos, Orla’s mother had a fresh cup of tea and some scones waiting for me. Don’t you just love Irish mammies?!
- Brian’s “brianwaves” during the day
- How intimate the day was – it was obvious that each and every guest meant a lot to Orla and Brian
- I loved that all of the guests sat at one big table
- Visiting Nancy Blakes where Orla and Brian had their first date
Here are a few of my favourites from the day…Details
It’s gonna be a short one today because I’m off to photograph the wedding of Fiona & Martin. I can’t wait! A lovely couple in a lovely location – let’s hope the weather plays along. Loving… the creativity of this idea. How cool would it be to go for a cycle on a sunny day, stop…Details
Loving… photographing a “bring your child to work day” event in a company in Limerick this week. I got to see the inner workings of a big manufacturing company in Limerick as they gave the children of the workers a tour around the facility. It was a lot of fun and interesting at the same…Details
Happy Friday! I hope you have a great Easter weekend! Loving… Spotify. While I’m working at my desk I always have some background music on. Earlier this year I started using Spotify (which has almost every song in the universe) and I’ve grown to love it. I had been using iTunes forever but I love…Details
My favourite photograph from a recent photo session with Ryan on his 1st birthday!
Loving… Galway! My wife and I went to Galway last weekend. A good friend of mine was taking part in a charity white collar boxing event which was a really good night. All of the competitors had just 8 weeks training and I was blown away by how good they were. We also had some…Details
Loving… bank holidays weekends! It’s the first one of the year and it’s going to be great. The sun is shining, people are out mowing their lawns, kids are preparing for the St. Patrick’s Day parade – you gotta love bank holiday weekends!
Laughing… I challenge you not to laugh at this!
Trish and Dan were married in Rockhill Church and held their reception in Springfort Hall. They were looking for natural, fly-on-the-wall photography so I spent most of the day in “ninja mode” documenting the activities of the day from a distance. I did manage to get the bridal party on their own for ten minutes in between the ceremony and the reception to capture some nice creative photographs in Doneraile park.
What I loved about Trish & Dan’s wedding:
- Fresh, vibrant daffodils were blooming around every corner and they were integrated into various parts of the day.
- The flower girl was one of the most well behaved children I have ever seen at a wedding.
- As a token of all he possessed, Dan gave Trish a 1 euro coin! 😉
- Springfort Hall was a new venue for me and I really liked it. It’s got a lovely, homely, comfortable atmosphere. It was like going to a friends house for a party. (A very rich friend, obviously!)
- The speeches were very entertaining!
- In a stroke of genius, Trish organised that the children would be entertained by an animal roadshow while everyone else was having their meal. It went down a treat.
- The dancefloor was jammed with people of all ages throwing every shape imaginable – they were really giving it socks.
Here are some of my favourite photographs from their day:Details