Jenny and James were married in Athlacca church and held their reception in Springfort Hall. I had photographed James’ sister Trish’s wedding a few years ago so it was great to meet up with their family again. When I met up with Jenny and James to go through the plan for their wedding they had two interesting things on their list – the first was to get a photo with the huge tree on the lawn outside Springfort Hall which was full of Autumn colour. When we arrived the sun was just setting but there was a tiny sliver of light still falling on the tree – phew! The second thing was to incorporate radiography (which Jenny works at) and chickens (which James works with). You’ll have to scroll down to see the results of that! 😉
Here are some things I loved about Jenny and James’ wedding:
- An unexpected slap on the bum.
- Liam Óg getting to be a grown up for the day and Mary Kate being a flower girl for the FOURTH time!
- Gary’s reaction to Jenny coming down the stairs in her wedding dress.
- CHEWBACCA!!!!! (Saying “cheese” for photographs is so last year!)
- The most talented collection of hurlers in a receiving line I’ve ever photographed.
- Beautiful, crisp, golden Autumn light. (The photographer nerd in me was doing a happy dance!)
- Siobhán – where do I even start?! 😉
- The A-team entrance music.
- The groomsmen chicken dance!
Here is a small selection of some of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…Details