Claire and Con finally made it official! On a beautiful Autumn day, they got married in Granagh church and held their reception in Springfort Hall. It was a lot of fun – they put their own unique stamp on the day and I reckon you won’t find a more relaxed bride and groom.
Claire’s family is tractor mad so it was only fitting that Claire went to the church in the cleanest tractor I’ve ever seen. A huge, powerful beast of a John Deere with some ribbons on it to jazz it up. As a male photographer, sometimes it can be a bit of an unusual situation hanging around with all the girls on the morning of a wedding with all the girly talk going on. But I’ve never felt more out of my depth than I did at Claire’s house that morning with all their talk of machinery and split differentials and torque!! 😉
Here are some things I loved about Claire and Con’s wedding:
- Ham sandwiches – with a bit of cheese to spice them up a bit!
- The irony of putting pink ribbons on that monster of a John Deere.
- Recreating a photo at the door of the church with Con and his brothers that mimicked the same photo from a generation earlier. Well, apart from authentic 1970’s sideburns it was pretty close…
- Conor. What a dote. Just look at that photo of him below walking up the aisle with the rings. Awwww!
- You know the feeling of walking on new carpet? That.
- The beautiful Autumn colours in Doneraile. We were there for less than 45 minutes – I could have stayed for hours!
- Con getting “the urge”. 😉
Here is a small selection of some of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…Details