Máire and Tadhg were married in Raheen church and held their reception in the Castle Oaks House Hotel. I met them last Summer shortly after they had gotten engaged and I was immediately sold on their personalities and excitement. After having the privilege of spending their wedding day with them I can confirm that they are very well matched! Before I talk about a few things I loved about their wedding, I’m going to start with something I didn’t like at all – Tadhg almost falling into the river! OMG! It was the longest thirty seconds of my life! In true Máire and Tadhg style, they thought it was hilarious and scaring the life out of me only made it funnier!
Anyway, that aside, here are some things I loved about Máire and Tadhg’s wedding:
- Due to a slight miscommunication, the flower girls thought I was a minion. It turns out I was the only other Kevin they had heard of so I guess it was a fair assumption. I’ll try to be clearer in future! 😉
- Máire’s mother had prepared a full Sunday roast for breakfast (to get a good head start on the day!)
- Incorporating Tadhg’s love of Apple products.
- Máire and Tadhg’s relaxed attitude. Unfortunately the weather didn’t exactly work out, but they were both all for getting an umbrella and going out for some photographs regardless. And their bravery definitely paid off.
- Wedding days are busy days. With so many people and so much happening, often the bride and groom don’t get to spend any time alone together. However, there was a lovely moment of alone time when Máire and Tadhg walked out onto the rocks at the river. Apart from a family of ducks swimming by there was nothing but peace all around. (Of course it didn’t last long with Tadhg’s messing on the way back!)
- Eamon’s singing speech. It was hilarious!
- Máire and Tadhg’s appropriate choice of song for their first dance – 50% romantic and 50% madness.
- The craic on the dance floor. I actually had all of my gear packed away when an epic dance off started so I unpacked and went back for more!
Some kinds words from Máire & Tadhg:
We knew from the minute we met you that you were going to be great but you exceeded all of our expectations. You guided us through the best day of our lives. Sorry for the mini heart attack at the river but we are so grateful to you for those special moments, probably one of our favourite parts of the day! Words cannot thank you enough.
Here is a quick selection of just a few of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…Details