Fiona and Martin were married in Our Lady of the Rosary Church on the Ennis Road in Limerick and had their reception in The Falls Hotel in Ennistymon. I always love when the priest is a good friend of the family or even a relative because it makes the marriage ceremony so personal. In this case, the priest was the groom’s brother! It doesn’t get more personal than that!
Things I loved about Fiona and Martin’s wedding:
- The atmosphere outside the church before the ceremony was electric. I’ve never seen so much hugging! It was amazing.
- Martin’s giddy reaction to Fiona walking down the aisle!
- How comfortable, natural and relaxed Fiona and Martin were with each other for the ceremony. There definitely wasn’t any nerves!
- The most dramatic and enthusiastic first kiss ever.
- Discovering the little forest walk beside the hotel with the bridal party. We were only in there for about 20 minutes but it was very funny.
- The speeches were hillarious. I cried myself they were so funny. From Martin telling the story of how he asked for Fiona’s hand to referrring to his brother, the priest, as Double Oh Heaven!
Here’s a little taster of their day…