Una & David were married in Annaghdown and held their reception at the Loughrea Hotel & Spa. They both share a love of music which played a big part in their day. They met on a bus but, depending on who you talk to, there are a lot of different version of how they actually got together! The main thing is that they did and never looked back.
Things I loved about their wedding were
- The music. I’ve never heard anything like it. Una & David arranged all the music themselves and then called on their talented friends to play it. It was amazing.
- Having each of their godmothers as the witnesses to their marriage was a lovely idea.
- Surprising the entire congregation by playing some music together at the altar once they were married. It went down a storm!
- The local tradition of having a bonfire for the bride and groom when they leave the church. It’s great to see these old traditions surviving.
- How the bridal party put up with the windy weather when we went to take photos. There was a strong wind which meant that their hair was blowing all over the place – and that was just the groomsmen!
- The table plan (which was put together with the help of a previous bride of mine!) looked fab.
- The craic on the dancefloor was top notch – everyone was having a great time.
Here are a few of my favourite photographs to give you a taste of their day…