Noreen and Patrick were married in Newcastle West Church and had their reception in the Radisson Blu Hotel in Limerick. I went to secondary school with Noreen so it was great to be there to tell the story of her wedding day.
Things I loved about Noreen and Patrick’s wedding:
- How personal it was. I love when couples put their stamp on their wedding day and Noreen and Patrick really made it personal and unique to them.
- Noreen’s handmade bouquets and boutonnieres. Not only were they hand made, but they were hand made by Noreen herself! Patrick is allergic to flowers so having them made out of paper was not only beautiful but functional too.
- The little note Noreen had one of her flower girls deliver to Patrick as he waited for her at the top of the aisle. I don’t know what it said, but it put a smile on his face!
- Converse and Superman socks – boosh!
- The photo of her dad Noreen had on her bouquet.
- Noreen and Patricks matching sense of humour.
- The details at the hotel – lovely notes of wisdom for the guests to finish, photo props, speech betting rules, fun packs to keep the kids entertained – they thought of everything.
- The stripping groomsman. What can I say? It was definitely a first! 😉
- The craic on the dance floor – for some reason there were a lot of press ups going on?! I’ve no idea why, but scroll down to see the winner. (One handed – impressive!)
Here’s a little taster of their day…