Liz and Podge were married in Ardagh church in Co. Limerick and held their reception in the Devon Inn Hotel. Unfortunately the weather on the day wasn’t the best, but we did manage to get a twenty minute dry spell as we were driving through Newcastle West which gave us enough time for some bridal party photographs by the river.
Things I loved about Liz and Podge’s wedding:
- The view from Podge’s house on the morning of the wedding before the rain blew in. (I also realised that wind farms are noisy – that had never occurred to me!)
- Having a friend of Liz join in the fun of the day through Skype!
- Val and Emma who were looking after hair and makeup and keeping the show on the road.
- The two page boys and two flower girls who kept everyone entertained.
- Superman socks!
- The ring stitched onto Liz’s bouquet.
- Liz phoning the day after the wedding to say thanks. I think that summarises Liz and Podge, two lovely, honest to goodness people who think of others before themselves. They are well matched!
Here are a few of my favourites to give you a taste of their day…