Linda and Simon tied the knot (literally) in a Humanist wedding in the Castle Oaks House Hotel on a beautiful sunny day last month. From the outset the theme of their wedding was Munster Rugby. They are both big fans and they definitely put their own mark on their wedding. From the invites (which were designed like match tickets), to the ceremony (which had a rugby themed reflection) to the speeches (which featured a note from the Munster lads themselves) and everything in between – they made the day their own.
The wedding was on Easter Sunday – which was the day they met 13 years earlier. Not only that but there was a full moon on the night they met and this was the first full moon on Easter Sunday since. So the the stars aligned in a way!
Things I loved about Linda and Simon’s wedding:
- Their wedding invites which looked like a ticket to a Munster game.
- How Linda’s house had been decorated for the morning with everything from balloons and banners to photographs of her and Simon down through the years.
- Linda’s music selection – her laptop was set to shuffle and it was one great song after another.
- White Converse shoes for the bride. Win!
- Munster flags on the driveway up to the Castleoaks and personalised Munster champagne glasses.
- How personal their marriage ceremony was – I was humming the theme tune to The Lord Of The Rings for three days afterwards!
- The reflection – “…we hope that your new relationship proves to have strength and power of O’Connell, the passion of Donners, and the determination that is the trademark of the boys in red…”
- The Easter egg hunt in the gardens of the hotel for the kids (and the big kids).
- Managing to get down to the river for some photographs in between showers of rain.
- A dancing toddler – every wedding should have one! 😉
Here are some of my personal favourite photographs to give you a taste of their day…