Jackie and Bruce are living in Glasgow, but they came home to Adare where Jackie grew up to get married. They had their wedding in the Holy Trinity Abbey Church in Adare and held their reception just down the road in the Woodlands Hotel.
When I arrived in Jackie’s house that morning I noticed a family photograph from her sister’s wedding hanging on the wall. The groom looked very familiar and it turned out he was a great friend of mine back in secondary school! What are the odds?! Not only was it great to catch up with Wil, but his daughter Kate was the flower girl and was definitely the star of the show. She’s a lucky girl to be surrounded by such a great and loving family.
Things I loved about Jackie & Bruce’s wedding:
- The land rover Bruce organised as a surprise wedding car for Jackie.
- The flowers. It’s funny, it’s not something I usually notice but the the bouquets and flowers at the church looked great.
- Fr. Chris’ sermon. The giant granny was visiting Limerick at the time which was his inspiration. I love his sermons, they are always so personal and meaningful.
- The random squeaks during the ceremony from the toy being used to keep Kate entertained.
- Having nice weather to go to the park in Adare for the family and bridal party photographs.
Some kind words from Jackie & Bruce:
“Thank you so much for your hard work on the day. I don’t envy you trying to manage a group of over-excited adults but you made it look easy. I can’t wait to see the photographs!”