Cathy and Declan are living in Perth so I didn’t get to meet them until a few days before their wedding. They were so laid back and relaxed that I knew their wedding day would be great. They were married in Raheenagh church and had their reception in the Listowel Arms. Coming home from so far away and spending a few days surrounded by everyone that is close to you must be amazing – Cathy and Delcan were beaming all day!
Even though they grew up fairly close to each other, Cathy and Declan met in Australia. Declan often gets a bit of a slagging from his friends that he had to travel half way around the world to meet a girl from down the road. His answer? “It was worth the trip!”.
Things I loved about Cathy & Declan’s wedding:
- The GAA themed invites.
- Cathy’s uncle’s Morris Minor which was used as their wedding car.
- Cathy’s mother taking out her wedding album that morning. It was so nice in the age of digital-everything to see it. Who knows, maybe Cathy and Declan will be pulling their wedding album for the same reason some time!
- The girls bunny and sheep outfits – hilarious!
- How everyone was up for a bit of fun, from walking around outside wearing nothing but a towel on the morning of the wedding to giving it socks on the dance floor!
- The lads playing football in the park during the photo session.
- Bumping into one of my best friends from primary school who I haven’t seen since 6th class!