Lorraine and Danny were married in Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Club. When I first met them it was probably the most enthusiastic, energetic first meeting I’ve ever had. I barely got a word in! They had so many great ideas and thoughts on how to do things differently – I knew it was going be a very unique wedding. And it was!
Lorraine and Danny are the best kind of crazy – some of the stories during the speeches were testament to that – and they are so well matched. It was such a pleasure to be there to document it.
Things I loved about Lorraine and Danny’s wedding:
- The first item on my agenda that day was taking a photo of Lorraine and Danny’s dogs – working with these two over excited, energetic, enthusiastic messers pretty much set the mood for rest of the day! 🙂
- When Lorraine told her dad about her wedding she let him know it would be “different”. It was crazy and mad and fun and it was one of the funniest bridal party session I’ve photographed in ages.
- I loved the personalised bridesmaids shoes Lorraine had organised for the girls.
- As a surprise, Lorraine had organised with the musicians that they would play the Star Wars Imperial March (Darth Vader’s theme) when they were walking up the aisle! The reaction was priceless!
- Lorraine’s brother and Danny’s sister did an amazing job as celebrants for the ceremony.
- Finally getting to fulfil a young man’s lifelong dream of hanging from a tree by one arm on his wedding day!
- Each table had a kissing menu which went down a treat and led to all sorts of antics. They also organised a table naming competition too which was really funny.
- Lorraine’s dad’s card from two disgruntled uninvited guests.
- The first dance slash dance off! It was the closest I’ve ever come to being kicked in the face by a bride! 😉
Some kind words from Lorraine & Danny:
“Thank you so, so much for being so amazing on the day! I didn’t see you once which was brill and I mean that in the nicest way possible! 😉 Absolutely loved the pictures and everyone was raving about the slideshow. Thanks so much again for everything, you really added to our day.”
Here is a quick selection of just a few of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…
… but first a HUGE DISCLAIMER!!! These guys made it clear that they wanted madness – I don’t usually encourage couples to climb trees, build sand castles in bunkers and generally go crazy! (Although if you want to I will definitely facilitate it!)