Sarah and Rory are living in Seattle, so I didn’t get to meet them until a few days before their wedding, but from that first conversation I knew their wedding was going to be a bit different – they had great plans for the day and everything came together really well. Every so often when I’m photographing a wedding I think – “I wish I was a guest at this wedding” – Sarah and Rory’s was that kind of day.
Things I loved about Sarah & Rory’s wedding:
- Sarah & Rory’s custom music inspired signing frame. Genius.
- One Pery Square. It was my first time photographing a wedding here and I loved it. It’s so cosy and friendly and it has so much character. I can’t wait to go back.
- The ceremony was by Romy and as always it was a beautiful ceremony. It incorporated a traditional hand binding as well as personal vows and other lovely details.
- Gorgeous Winter light in the People’s Park for the bridal party photographs.
- The speeches which were informal but very funny! I was cracking up laughing at all of them – but Neil’s speech was pure comedy gold!
- The gasps of awe as guests entered the warehouse. To be fair, it did look amazing.
- Karl Spain was hilarious when he welcomed Sarah and Rory into the warehouse and Leading Armies were excellent – definitely on my to-do list to check them out next time they are playing a gig.
Some kind words from Sarah & Rory:
“Thanks so much for taking on our wedding. It really was a pleasure to work with you!”
Here is a quick selection of just a few of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…