Brid and Derek were married on a beautiful sunny day in Truagh church and held their reception in the Lakeside Hotel in Killaloe. They are one of the nicest couples I’ve ever worked with – so friendly and easy to get along with – so it was great to be there to photograph their wedding day. It was love at first text message for Brid and Derek – Derek plucked up the courage to ask Brid out for dinner and drinks. She replied asking to skip the dinner and just go straight for drinks! She’s a keeper! 😉
Some things I loved most about Brid and Derek’s wedding day were:
- The caricature invites and matching signing frame.
- Rebecca and Ellie the flower girls who constantly posed for the camera (whether I was taking their photograph or not!)
- The bright blue bridesmaid dresses (and matching Rolls Royce!)
- Brid’s excitement as she walked up the aisle.
- Aunt May’s reflection.
- The gardens in the Lakeside in full bloom for photographs.
- An epic sunset.
Here is a small selection of some of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…Details