Caitriona and David met while in university in Newcastle and travelled back to Caitriona’s home town of Killarney to get married. We were fortunate to get some great weather and scenic view (and a little less fortunate the the priest got delayed by an hour on the way to the church). It was a lovely intimate day, with Caitriona and David getting to spend a lot of quality time with each of their guests, especially during the drinks reception in the Killarney Park hotel.
Some things I loved most about Caitriona and David’s wedding day were:
- The sense of humour Catriona shares with her bridesmaids Sam and Eliza. I enjoyed the banter that morning as everyone got ready.
- The amazing view from Catriona’s parent’s house of MacGillycuddy’s Reeks. Breathtaking. Those chickens don’t know how lucky they are!
- Dating and keeping the champagne cork for posterity.
- The Newcastle accent.
- Caitriona’s dad’s vintage orange beetle.
- The always epic Killarney cathedral.
- A quick visit to Ross Castle in the sunshine.
- The meaningful guide dogs badges as wedding favours.
- The speeches were hilarious. (Although I’ll never be able to look at a mail order catalog the same way again!)
Some kind words from Cat and Dave:
Kevin photographed our wedding earlier this month and was terrific! He was a calming presence on the day (the priest was an hour late!), was patient, made a wonderful slideshow of preview photos (which he showed after dinner), and (as promised!) at no point did he make us lean against a tree while staring into the distance. The photo’s he has sent us so far are amazing – we can’t recommend him highly enough.
Here is a small selection of some of my favourite images to give you a taste of their wedding day…Details